North Hockey Season

North Hockey Season

Jack Mandato, Staff Writer

The Middletown High School North ice hockey season is just around the corner, and with the loss of some seniors some are skeptical about the team’s ability for this year.

In previous years, the Lions scored big with State Championship victory, and remained as a force to be reckoned with in the following years. Now with most players gone and younger players filling the void, it is uncertain how this season will play out.

After speaking with one of the senior players, Nick Dodd,  it felt much more reassuring that this year will surely be a successful one.

After being asked of how he thought the team would do Dodd said, “Yes! I believe that the team is still good and capable of making it into the finals.”

Then, we asked Dodd, “What do you think are the team’s greatest strengths and weaknesses?”

He said, “I think our defense is strong, but due to the loss of many of our forward players we might have to take some of our defense and put them on offense in order to have a balance in the strength of our team.”

With the positive attitude from Nick Dodd, senior player for MHSN Hockey, there is definitely reassurance that the team will have a great outcome for the year with the team trying its best to fulfill the shoes of the seniors they have been following since the State Championship.