The news site of Middletown High School North.

The Lion's Roar

The Lion's Roar

The Lion's Roar

Divine Rivals Duology (2) Book Review

Divine Rivals Duology (2) Book Review

“In the meantime, I hope you will find your place, wherever you are. Even in the silence, I hope you will find the words you need to share.”

Iris Winnow is a journalist, reeling from her brother’s enlistment in the war. Not only is life at home difficult trying to make ends meet with her alcoholic mother, but work is too. Roman Kitt, her writing rival, is in competition with her for the columnist position at the Oath Gazette. Even his perfect black hair and sharp set jaw won’t get in her way. But fate is fickle and has a mind of its own and the two seem to share a type of magical connection. Things go awry and Iris and Roman find themselves at the front lines of war of the ultimate gods.

Rebecca Ross does a superb job of making her readers feel like they are watching the story unfold before their eyes during the war effort. Iris and Roman’s lives are truly captivating and the word choice paints a perfect picture full of heart and soul. Their letters to one another is nothing short of enchanting. I would recommend reading this novel if you are interested in action, romance, and storytelling. A cup of tea pairs wonderfully with this 8.8/10 book.

About the Contributor
Olivia Badway
Olivia Badway, Staff Writer
Liv is a junior at Middletown High School North and serves as a dedicated member of the Newspaper Club. She enjoys writing, reading an abundance of books, surfing and spending time with her family. She hopes to pursue college and major in English.