Girls Field Hockey Team Hosts Chocolate Fundraiser

Rashi Mhapsekar and Julie Frontera, Staff Writers

The Middletown North Girls Field Hockey team has been selling $2 chocolate bars in an effort to raise funds for their team banquet, as well as a new camera to record their games.  We interviewed two of the girls on the field hockey team, Kate Madonna and Alex Goins about their sales. 

After asking junior varsity player Kate Madonna about why she chose to play field hockey, she replied, “It seemed like a fun sport and I wanted to be on a team because being on a sports team has great aspects.”

We proceeded to ask her more about the fundraiser the team was hosting. We asked what some of the best selling chocolate flavors were. 

“I found that the crispy, caramel and milk chocolate were the quickest selling bars,” Madonna said. 

The MHSN field hockey team has hosted many other fundraisers as well. For example, already this year they have already held a variety of fundraisers at Applebees, including a car wash. The events have raised approximately $1,500 in profits which brings them closer and closer to reaching their goal.

After interviewing the varsity freshman, Goins made it clear that the chocolate was being sold because “everyone loves chocolate and it is very easy to sell.”

The chocolate sold by the team will benefit them in many ways for years to come. Many girls mentioned that they enjoy selling the chocolate and that the fundraiser is not only beneficial for financial reasons but also helps build good leadership and marketing skills.