Honor Societies at North Get Rolling  

National Honor Society Logo

National Honor Society Logo

Dena Lombardo, Editor-In-Chief

MIDDLETOWN NJ- Middletown High School North’s honor societies have been getting a head start to the 2017-2018 school year, rounding up Seniors to get into their choice of societies before their college applications are due.

Among the honor societies at Middletown High School North, the National Business Honor Society held its first brief meeting during the first half of lunch Tuesday, November 14.

Ms. Heeter and Mrs. Pearson, the teacher representatives for the honor society, encouraged students to sign up for the text reminds and get in their $25 initiation dues that are sent directly to the National Business Honor Society and cover the dues to have the organization at Middletown North as well as at pay for the green and gold chords the students receive and bear at graduation in June.

Contributing to the societies at Middletown North, earlier in the month of November English Honor Society held its first induction ceremony with a simple size of 17 seniors in the Library after school. The honor society has only been introduced to North this year and faculty as well as the advisors Audrey McGowan, John Russoniello, Michelle Goldfarb, and Judy Stevens all expect a positive turnout as the years go on and popularity of the organization increases.

Finally, National Honor Society is welcoming back old members and introducing the new. The society held a meeting during lunch Monday, November 13 to discuss activities the society will be participating in and to discuss inducting its new Senior members. The members of National Honor Society are required to complete an additional 50 hours of community service as well as sign up to tutor another student in need at Middletown North.

Thursday, November 17, 2017 at 6 pm in the auditorium new senior members of National Honor Society will be inducted at a ceremony. Both old and new members will be there, and parents as well as peers are encouraged and welcome to come to support the inductees with light refreshments being offered. Jillian Ceravolo, advisor and teacher at North, strongly recommends old members bring refreshments and attend the “mandatory event.”

With so many events already occurring in only three honor societies at Middletown North, it is no wonder the school is so encouraging in promoting its extensive number of the rest of them to the Juniors and Seniors. Student’s are also encouraged to visit Middletown North’s website to find an honor society that fits them.