The news site of Middletown High School North.

The Lion's Roar

The Lion's Roar

The Lion's Roar

Midd North Girls Swim Team Defeats Howell in Their Final Meet

On Monday January 29, 2024 the Middletown North Girls Swim Team declared a victory against Howell with a score of 101 – 62 in their final meet of the season. On top of the win, several of the Lions earned personal records, ending the season on a spectacular note. 

There was a total of eight first place finishes by the following girls: Mary Garby in the 200 Freestyle, Olivia Imbro in the 200 IM, Madison DiFranco in the 100 butterfly, Juliana Imbro in the 100 freestyle, Madison DiFranco, Emma Gomez, Isabelle Bracchi and Juliana Imbro in the 200 freestyle relay, Madison DiFranco in the 100 back, Olivia Imbro in the 100 breaststroke, and Mary Garby, Katie Baeder, Emma Gomez and Olivia Imbro in the 400 freestyle relay. 

Both Emma Gomez and Chloe Bixby set personal records in the 500 freestyle. Gomez dropped down 40 seconds to earn a time of 7:44. Brixby dropped her time down to 7:33. 

Overall, the girls ended their season with a record of 4-5-1. All of the swimmers stepped out of their comfort zones this season and many even participated in new events. Coach Meghan Ghaffari is very proud of the efforts the Lady Lions put forth this season. 

About the Contributor
Emma Gomez
Emma Gomez, Staff Writer
Emma is a freshman at Middletown High School North. She enjoys writing feature articles, opinion pieces, interviews and reviews. Emma is a part of the MHSN Girls Tennis Team. She is planning to join Freshman-Sophomore Council and Model UN. She also plans to try out for the MHSN Girls Swim Team. Emma has been playing the piano for about 5 years.