Girls Gymnastics Season Review

Samantha Chipman, Staff Writer

The Middletown North High School gymnastics team is finishing a very successful 2018-19 season.

The gymnastics team is coached by Ms. Christine Young and the captains are Michaelah Lanza (12) and Brooke Rotondo (11). The team is made up of 13 girls and they compete in four events, vault, bars, beam and floor.

The team had many accomplishments this season, such as reaching a team score of 101. This was the team’s highest score.

‘’We were happy that we finally scored 100 points!” Michaelah Lanza said about this accomplishment.

Four girls from the team made it to the Sectional and Shore Conference Tournaments. These include Tessa Russo (9), Maddie Monath (12), Michaelah Lanza, and Mickennah Lanza (9). Michaelah Lanza earned ninth place on vault at the Sectionals Competition.

The team has three graduating seniors this year, Michaelah Lanza, Maddie Monath and Sophia McVeigh.

Michaelah Lanza was the highest scoring Individual on the team. She will be going to the High School Nationals Contest in Florida for one week. The competition dates are May 17 and May 18. After high school, Michaelah Lanza will be going to Gannon University.

‘’Our team has been getting bigger and stronger over the last couple of years,’’ Maddie Monath said.

Overall, the gymnastics team had a successful season and everyone is looking forward to another great season next year.