The New York Armory

The+New+York+Armory+

The New York Armory

Justin Poole, Staff Writer

Middletown High School North girls and boys track teams were invited to go to the New York Armory and participate in a multitude of races. The event began at 9 A.M. on December 30.

Three of our Varsity boys track team members broke school records. Senior Frankie Marrone broke the school record for the fastest 600-meter dash with a time of 1 minute and 24 seconds. Senior Jake Zappala also broke the old school record in the 600-meter dash with a time of 1 minute and 27 seconds. Finally, Senior Joey Guerrieri broke the old school record for the 1,000 meter run with a time of 2 minutes and 39 seconds.

The New York Armory is a beautiful building with blue seats surrounding the track for the families and friends of the runners. The orange track put on risers in the middle of the room was the center of attention.

Every step and every second counted and there was silence in the building until the race was completed. These races were intense with schools all around New Jersey fighting to be number one and be able to bring home their trophies.

North was able to bring home several medals and hold their heads high with putting in a valiant effort and a great fight.  During many of the races, North had team members placing in the top three.