Freshnock Looks to Build On Impressive 2016 Campaign

Anna DiBrita, Contributor

When Bucknell sophomore running back Chad Freshnock takes the field for the 2017 football season, he will look to build off an impressive freshman campaign.   The 2016 Middletown North graduate, who has been recognized as one of the greatest athletes in school history, feels that 2017 can be even better.

“I just feel that having experience with the playbook and being healthy going into this season will be beneficial.”  Freshnock believes that he is in the best shape of his career and believes that this will only help in his success this year.

“I spent much of the offseason working on pass blocking techniques, strength and flexibility along with focusing on better ways to maximize recovery”  Freshnock’s 2016 campaign included being named Three-time Patriot League Rookie of the Week while rushing for over 600 yards and ten touchdowns in limited playing time.  His season was highlighted by his individual performance against the Virginia Military Institute (VMI), while rushing for 161 yards on 33 carries.

The former Lion whom has been recognized as an All-Division and All-Shore Selection, Freshnock says that he continues to follow Middletown North’s football program and is looking forward to the Thanksgiving game versus cross town rival Middletown High School South.  “I still have many friends and teammates in the program and my love for my school, coaching staff and the Middletown community runs strong.  Thanksgiving is such an important part of our community because it unites all of Middletown”.

Freshnock’s former high school head coach Steve Bush, believes that Chad is destined for great things:  “Chad was a phenomenal part of the success that our program had had in recent years.  He was there from the beginning when I took over the program in 2013 and has always been a strong leader by example whom all of his teammates looked up to. Chad was an immediate impact player, whom was a hard worker.   Chad’s competitiveness and desire is what has led to his success at the college level”.

Middletown North is extremely proud of Chad Freshnock and we look forward to many more highlights!