2019 MHSN Bonfire Set to Light Things Up!

Lion's Roar Writer, Writer

MIDDLETOWN — To help get fans “FIRED” up for Thursday’s Thanksgiving Day football game at The Swamp, the Middletown North Student Government will be hosting a special community bonfire gathering Tuesday November 26 beginning at 6:15 to 7:30 p.m. at Middletown High School North.

During the time period prior to the ceremony, food services, music, guided tours and a pep rally will take place at Arnie Truex Field.

The Middletown North Lions football team, coaches, alumni, band and cheerleaders are all scheduled to appear along with members from all of the fall athletic teams. Fans will have the opportunity to purchase apparel at the event as well as tickets for Thursday’s rivalry game, including t-shirts, towels and other items.

Admission is free to the bonfire and is open to the public. Fans will have an opportunity to meet with the players following the bonfire ceremony.

Middletown North will play Middletown South at 10:00 a.m. Thursday at Middletown High School South. Both teams will be looking forward to this contest. Fans have been encouraged to buy tickets early to prevent delays in entering the stadium. “The whole purpose of this event is, is that it is a way for Middletown High School North to promote student athletes to the entire community.” This statement is coming from Mr.Scala, whom has been working with Middletown North’s Administration team of Dr. Cartier, James Falco, and Jesse Herbert specifically to make the bonfire a reality. Also, it is a great opportunity for our community to come together and build a sense of pride and unity heading into the game the next day.