Middletown North Students Visit Museum of Modern Art

Kristy Daly, Staff Writer

MANHATTAN–On the brisk morning of Wednesday, November 14 Mrs. Kuzmin and Mrs. Skibinski brought along a number of their students to visit the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), considered ‘one of the most important museums of its kind in the world,’ according to the website “A View on Cities.”

Students who wanted to reserve their spots for the trip were asked to bring $37 to either teacher.  Most of this payment went toward the cost of the bus, while $9 paid for the individual student tickets to venture the museum.

The museum’s doors opened at 10:30 AM.  When the students arrived in NYC around 10 AM they first visited a local Starbucks coffeehouse to really feel the true city aesthetic. Students and chaperones then headed to the museum, where they had the amazing opportunity to view legendary paintings from artists like Vincent Van Gogh, Pablo Picasso and Andy Warhol from opening hours until 12 PM.

Located on 53rd Street between Fifth and Sixth Avenue, the eight-story museum contains endless forms of artwork, such as paintings, sculptures, architectural creations, and even its own virtual reality (VR) unit.

At about 12:30 PM, students returned to their bus and headed back to Middletown North. Overall, the field trip was a huge success.  A big thank you to both Mrs. Skibinski and Mrs. Kuzmin for hosting a memorable trip!