Spots Left for an Exciting Trip to Washington D.C.

Photo courtesy of Encyclopedia Britannica.

Olivia Zrebiec, Staff Writer

The AP World History, Western Civilization and US History II classes are currently planning a trip to Washington D.C. to visit several Smithsonian museums, Arlington National Cemetery and the Holocaust Museum on Sunday, April 23 and Monday, April 24. 

The bus leaves early in the morning so students should be sure to get a good night’s rest the night before because they will have a long day of walking ahead of them. After a five hour bus drive, students will arrive at the Air and Space Museum. An hour and a half and one food court meal later, students will walk to the Washington Memorial, the Capitol Building, the World War II Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, Korean Memorial and Vietnam Memorial. The tour will end at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial where students will then head to Arlington Cemetery to visit the Tomb of the Unknowns. 

On the way to Embassy Suites in Vienna, Virginia, students will stop at Manhattan Pizza where the school has made dinner reservations. Dinner is included in the cost of the trip. Once at the hotel, students will have some free time before 11:00 lights out. Students will have breakfast in the morning (also included in the cost) and will depart on the bus to the Holocaust Museum.  After approximately three hours, students will stop at the food court before their departure back to Middletown. 

The price of the trip is $160, which includes the bus ride, hotel rooms, dinner, breakfast and tickets to museums. Nevertheless, students should still bring money for lunch, snacks or souvenirs. They should also bring comfortable shoes as well!

There are still slots left for the trip! Students can stop by room 2119 or 1210 for a permission slip. Come for a fun learning experience, or simply spread the word amongst your friends. If you have any questions or concerns please contact one of the teachers at [email protected]g or [email protected]