MHSN Kicks Off No-Shave November

Lion's Roar Staff, Writer

This month twelve Middletown High School North teachers and administrators have agreed to participate in the MHSN No Shave November Charity Contest.  Teachers are asked to put down their razors for the month of November or until they are eliminated from the competition. Each week, the student body will have the opportunity to make a donation into each teachers assigned jar during blocks 3 & 4 in the cafeteria.  The four teachers with the least amount of donations are eliminated and can shave. The remaining teachers must “keep going and keep growing”.

According to the Matthew Hill Foundation (https://no-shave.org/) which has launched this wonderful campaign, “The concept and goal of No-Shave November is to grow awareness by embracing our hair, which many cancer patients lose, and letting it grow wild and free. Donate the money you typically spend on shaving and grooming to educate about cancer prevention, save lives, and aid those fighting the battle”.

This year’s particpants include Mr. Murphy, Mr. Bucko, Mr. Scala, Mr. Kalman, Mr. Iasparro, Mr. Sirchio, Mr. Ritter, Mr. Russoniello, Mr. St. Clair, Mr. Alston, Mr. Falco, and Mr. Herbert.  This is a for a great cause and the money collected will be donated to the Prevent Cancer Foundation.