The Lion's Roar

Study Habits

Danica Santiago, Staff Writer

The year is about half over already, as surprising as it may seem. Our quarterlies (although pushed back due to snow) are quickly approaching. Are you prepared for testing? Studying seems to be completely lost to some students; most prefer just to ‘wing it’. However, it’s much easier and less stressful to go into a test prepared.  Here are some study habits that can help you on the upcoming quarterlies.

1. Get Extra Help: Many teachers are available for extra help before, during, and after school. If you’re unsure about when a specific teacher is available, you can always ask him or her to schedule a time to meet with you. You can also ask a friend or parent/guardian to help you better understand difficult subjects.

1. Use Your Notes: Not all students are big on note taking, but note taking is a great way to study. Writing or typing notes yourself makes them easier to remember. Teachers make you write notes so that you can use them to your advantage.

1. Study With Friends: While this can become a big distraction, it does make studying more enjoyable and not as much of a hassle to do. It can also be helpful if one of your friends is really good at a subject that you feel is difficult for you.

1. Take Breaks: Studying is great, but don’t over do it. If you get too stressed out, it can reflect negatively on your test scores. Take breaks from studying to relax and destress yourself.

1. Schedule A Study Time: If you’re someone who isn’t a fan of studying, don’t keep putting it off until ‘later’. Schedule a specific time for studying so that you can make sure there is nothing to distract you at that time.

Hopefully these studying tips, along with a good night’s sleep and a good breakfast, help you be prepared for testing. Good luck everyone! Happy studying!

• Study Habits

Features and Columns

National Business Honor Society Inductions

• Study Habits

Features and Columns

Band and Choir Travel to Virginia

• Study Habits

A&E

Senior Film Maker Julia Picozzi Recognized as Best Director at Film Festival

• Study Habits

Features and Columns

Middletown North 2018 Softball Preview

• Study Habits

A&E

Middletown North Baseball 2018 Season Preview

• Study Habits

A&E

Senior Edition Newspaper: Family/Friends Add Your Final Message For The Class of 2018!

• Study Habits

A&E

Student Spotlight: The Artistic James Yusko

• Study Habits

Features and Columns

Middletown North Baseball’s Diamond Kings

• Study Habits

Features and Columns

Two Students at MHSN Receive Horatio Alger Scholarships

• Study Habits

Features and Columns

Nicko Cofone: Mr. Middletown North

The news site of Middletown High School North.
Study Habits