‘A Christmas Carol’ Makes Its Way to the MHSN Stage

A Christmas Carol Makes Its Way to the MHSN Stage

Julia Picozzi, Contributor

The Middletown High School North Drama Club is currently working on their fall production of A Christmas Carol. The shortened version of the Charles Dickens classic is in the rehearsal process, and is set to open on December 1 with a closing date of December 2.

This year’s cast is larger than what we have seen in the past; there are three spirits, as well as past and present versions of characters. The cast includes a special group of talented individuals who have been working diligently to ensure a spectacular performance. Kyle Kennedy, a senior in the club, plays the miserable Ebenezer Scrooge alongside senior Tyler Davis, who plays his struggling employee, Mr. Cratchit, a loving father to Tiny Tim, played by freshman Elise Fitzsimmons. Each actor’s talents blend together nicely to form a genuine and unique connection on stage. Performing as a family is not hard for the cast, since the drama club already resembles a loving one. Each cast member represents their class well in this production. From the hardworking crew to an exuberant cast, there is a strong sense of friendship and no lack of pure talent.

Mrs. Tara Mahoney, the cast director and costume crew coordinator, works with Mrs. Geraldine Mahoney as the technical director, in charge of all things behind the scenes. Students working closely alongside the directors are seniors Adri Alvarez, Pat Ballard, and Alex Kern. Alvarez works as an Assistant Director as he has in past shows. Ballard marks his third year as stage manager, while Kern works hard in his second year as head of crew. The show will be a bittersweet ending to the seniors’ fall plays. Seniors Alex Kern, Kyle Kennedy, Julia Picozzi (cast), Adri Alvarez, Pat Ballard, Tyler Davis, Krista Reilly (crew)  and Nick Rafaraci (crew), as well as many other 12th graders, say goodbye to their last fall play together in the Middletown North Drama Club.