Teacher Feature: Mrs. Pearson

Rosie Magliulo, Staff Writer

The Future Educators Association (FEA) club will be taking a big turn this year as “Tomorrow’s Teacher’s” program teacher, Mrs. Pearson, is the new club adviser. She has ideas to get the club up and running and generously shared some of her thoughts with me. Mrs. Pearson is extremely excited to begin this project as well as her students who loved the idea of joining the club and becoming a part of this with her.

What are your plans for the club this year?

We will be providing babysitting services to parents who would like to attend PTA meetings at elementary schools within our district.  We will also be participating in teacher/classroom projects such as tutoring, job shadowing, bulletin board help, book drives, etc.  I would love to plan an event to help other schools within our district.

What is the club all about?

Future Educator’s Association is a club with a lot of goals.  Mainly, I want to encourage members to be positive role models at North and within the Middletown community.  I want to promote a positive image of education to students and hopefully interest students in the field of education.

What are you most excited about for the club?

I am really excited to get to share my love of teaching with students and to spark an interest in the teaching profession.

What type of students would you want to join the club?

Although this club is intended for students who possibly want to pursue a career in education, I am more interested in getting students who are responsible, creative and motivated.