Blink-182 and A Day to Remember to Tour

Greg Scharen, Editor-in-Chief

This past Friday, April 29th, Blink-182 announced long rumored stadium tour with bands A Day to Remember, All Time Low, and All-American Rejects. The tour will run from July 22nd to October 1st. All Time Low and All-American Rejects will split time on the tour, while A Day to Remember will be on the full tour.

The tour was announced the day after Blink-182 released a brand new song called, “Bored to Death”. However, the tour had been rumored on the internet since Blink-182 and A Day to Remember played a show together early in 2015 in Los Angeles. That show was the first show Blink-182 played without lead singer, Tom DeLonge, and “Bored to Death”  is their first song release without him. Matt Skiba is the new lead guitarist, and is the former singer of Alkaline Trio. However, in a interview with Rolling Stone Tom Delonge has said he’s, “still in the band”, also stating that a reunion with the founding members is still a possibility.

The closest show for Middletown North students is at PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel on August 14th. Tickets are on presale, Monday, May 2nd for anyone who has pre-order Blink-182’s new album. At this date All Time Low will be the openers not All-American Rejects.

PNC has many dates lined up for rock music fans this summer, including, July 2nd Weezer and Panic! At The Disco will play together, while the annual pop-punk festival Warped Tour will be July 17th.