Interview with Ms. Macaro

Orion Castaner, Staff Writer

I spoke to Adrianna Macaro, a new teacher in Middletown North’s math department, about why she became a teacher, why she came to North, and how she decided to go into the field of education.

Ms. Macaro is a new teacher in the Middletown North math department. She teaches Algebra I, Geometry, and Math Review. Ms. Macaro studied at Rowan University, and was a student of the Piscataway School District. When I asked Ms. Macaro what drew her to Middletown North she told me, “ I had always heard about the Middletown from friends who went through, and people I know in the area and they have always praised it.”. Ms. Macaro said that the atmosphere and the job opportunity helped draw her to Middletown North specifically.

When asked why she went into teaching, Ms.Macaro said “I always knew I wanted to become a teacher, my mom still has report cards from kindergarten where my teacher wrote that I loved playing school and pretending to teach”, she added. “Once I got into highschool and my friends started asking me to help them with math homework and tutor them, I knew I wanted to go to school for teaching.”

Ms.Macaro added, “I always loved math, numbers, and the way that they work.”  It seemed pretty clear that she has a passion for teaching, and math.

I asked Ms. Macaro what she planned on doing to engage her class and really get them to learn. Ms. Macaro said, “I know math isn’t always the subject that students look forward to, that’s what made me want to teach it. I love when students have those “Ah-ha” moments.” She added that she “plan[s] on doing a lot of group work, and integrating technology, and using a lot of visuals.”

It’s always great to see new faces in the faculty at North, and to learn about them as teachers, and as people.