The news site of Middletown High School North.

The Lion's Roar

The Lion's Roar

The Lion's Roar

Mortal Instruments Series (6): City of Bones Book Review

“All the stories are true.”

As Clary Fray’s 16th birthday approaches, her life is swiftly turned upside down. Clary soon realizes that nothing is as it seems in New York City. Shadowhunters, vampires, werewolves, warlocks, demons, and angels take hold of her vision.

Her mother isn’t who she says she is and Clary is about to follow in her footsteps. In such a strange new environment, Clary encounters new friends and foes. Together, Clary, Jace, Simon, Isabelle, and Alec seek to find Clary’s missing mother, as she faces a world full of demons and angels. The stakes are high, the Mortal Cup has fallen into the wrong hands, and Clary is the answer to it all.

This paranormal fantasy series is phenomenal. Cassandra Clare writes of great imagery, humor, and blinding romance. This novel is the perfect dance between light and dark. Although I usually do not like reading in the third person, this book had me at the edge of my seat with the action and great characters.

The City of Bones is an absolute depiction of lies, secrets, betrayal, and palpable love. I was truly transfixed into another realm and I would rate this book and the others a 10/10.

About the Contributor
Olivia Badway
Olivia Badway, Staff Writer
Liv is a junior at Middletown High School North and serves as a dedicated member of the Newspaper Club. She enjoys writing, reading an abundance of books, surfing and spending time with her family. She hopes to pursue college and major in English.