The Lion's Roar

Middletown Township Talent Show is a Huge Success!

Kaitlyn Sukowski, Staff Writer

On Friday April 13, 2018, Middletown High School North hosted a district-wide talent show at 6:30 PM.  Admission into the show was free, but donations were appreciated.

Students from three middle schools and two high schools showcased their talents in front of a packed house.  The show consisted of thirty-five total acts, seventeen of which were solo performances and five of which were duets.  Students entertained the audience for over three hours with singing, dancing, playing musical instruments and displaying unique talents.

The role of Emcee was played by senior Amelia Ainbinder, whose witty personality enchanted the audience.  The show opened with a performance by the Wolfpack Band from Middletown High School South with an original song titled “Dirty Stay-Out.”  Another band called Catalyst representing MHSS enacted their rendition of “Don’t Look Back in Anger” by Oasis. Solo performances were given by Sophia Montalbano, who played an original song on the guitar, and Victoria Pater, who sang “If I Die Young.”

Some of the crowd’s favorite performances were delivered by students from the middle schools, including Bayshore, Thompson and Thorne.  Students from Bayshore Middle School showcased a scene from “Sparkles and Sports” written by their director Stephanie Paroumakian. As part of their act, students performed “It’s a Hard Knock Life,” which was extremely well-received by the audience who exploded with applause.  One student from Thompson Middle School showcased a Magic Act and asked for student volunteers from the audience. Representing Thorne Middle School were The B Naturals, who performed “Landslide” and “The Longest Time.”

Students representing Middletown High School North made up the largest number of acts in this year’s show.  Some of the acts featured by MHSN were the Dance Team’s performance of “Hip to be Square” and a Color Guard Routine performed as a duet by seniors Taylor Fox and Madison O’Connor.  High School North senior Kyle Kennedy sang “Waiting for Life Once on This Island” and delivered a heartfelt performance that was followed by cheers from the audience.

All of the performances this year were unique and entertaining!  It was a pleasure to see so many people come out to support the students of the Middletown Township School District.  Everyone is looking forward to next year’s show!

Kaitlyn Sukowski, Staff Writer

My name is Kaitlyn Sukowski. I am 17-years-old and a senior. I am a writer for the Lion's Roar Newspaper. I am also apart of the Orange Wave Marching Band...

• Middletown Township Talent Show is a Huge Success!

A&E

MHSN Winter Concert Gets Everyone Feeling the Holiday Spirit

A&E

Middletown North Hosting Clothing Drive Throughout 2018-19

A&E

Barnes & Noble to Host Book Signing for Senior Sarah Curtis

A&E

MHSN Performs The Little Mermaid

A&E

Movie Review: Venom

A&E

The Nun Review

A&E

Got a CLUE About the Fall Production at Middletown North?

A&E

Middletown Arts Academy Provides Artistic Outlet

A&E

New TV Series Manifest

A&E

Middletown North Art Show Highlights Talented Students

The news site of Middletown High School North.