Middletown North hosts Eighth Grade Open House

Eighth+Grade+Open+House+

Eighth Grade Open House

Dena Lombardo, Editor-In-Chief

MIDDLETOWN- Thursday October 26, 2017 Middletown High School North hosted an ‘Open House’ for one month-in eighth graders much like the college open houses that North’s seniors are currently partaking in.

Parents, students, and faculty among volunteers were all designated to assigned groups starting at 5:30 P.M. and assembled after the presentation of Principal Doctor Cartier and fellow guidance department head Mr. Mormile.

The assembly included different clubs and organizations students can get involved in upon entering high school. They also talked about the different classes and electives freshmen students are eligible to take.

Teachers and volunteers helped organize the mob of students and parents into only five tour groups around the school. Those giving the tours and parents both gave their input that the group sizes were too large and resulted in not getting to full appreciate the school size, classroom setup, and overall school layout.

A private tour was guided by one of the senior volunteers of National Honor Society who had received many complaints from parents who were not able to learn or fully appreciate the different courses within the school.

The last tour of the night ended at 7:40 and parents seemed to be pleased with the different organizations they saw the school offered, after going on the private tour.

With little options for high school choices for students living in Middletown, Middletown North in hosting an open house was trying to apply the school in a courteous and well-established manner to its guests.