Middletown North Girls Swimming Diving In

Emilia Koenigsmark, Writer

The Middletown North Girls Swim Team has a big year of rebuilding ahead of them according to Coach Megan Ghaffari. Lots of new freshmen have joined the team and Coach Ghaffari has been teaching them new strategies and techniques. 

Coach also says that it is upsetting to watch some of the key seniors graduate this year, but hopes they have a fantastic future ahead of them. She looks forward to continuing to see her swimmers improve and drop their times. 

She said, “The competition is hard in our division, so a lot of the girls need to compete against themselves.” 

Most importantly Coach hopes they enjoyed the season and come back to swim again next year.  She has instructed them to make sure they get in the pool during the off season. 

The 2022-23 Middletown High School North Girls Varsity Swim Team.

During our interview, Coach Ghaffari commented on the memorable meet against Brick Township this season. “The girls raced against Brick Township for the first time and we had a lot of competition. The Lions swam their hearts out ending with a score of 107-63 placing first place in every event! It was the best one we had all season.” 

Coach is very proud of her girls and is happy with all of their performances at the swim meets this season and she can’t wait for how the future will turn out for the team.