MHSN Model UN Club Collects Donations By Selling Chocolate

Rashi Mhapsekar, Writer

The Model UN Club at Middletown North is selling chocolate for $2 in efforts to raise funds for their conference in New York in April. The chocolates are being sold 1 for $2 and 3 for $5. Some of the flavors available are milk chocolate, dark chocolate, caramel, crispy, peanut butter, lava cake, pretzel and more! 

According to the Middletown Township Public Schools website (www.middletownk12.org), the Model UN Club provides students who are interested in learning about the role and workings of the United Nations with a platform.  Mrs. Patricia Kelly is the adviser of the Model UN Club here at North.  Students involved with the Model UN Club prepare resolutions and debate international issues.

The Lion’s Roar asked three of the Middletown High School North Model UN members selling chocolate, Mark Conway, Paige Peyton and Rashi Mhapsekar more about the fundraiser.

After asking freshman Rashi Mhapsekar about her best selling flavors, she replied, “Kids tend to buy caramel or pretzel a lot and I can understand why. They are both great flavors. A new flavor that has gained popularity is lava cake which is dark chocolate with brownie batter on the inside.”

Other members were asked more about the chocolate and how Model UN was utilizing the funds. After asking freshman, Mark Conway about his experience selling chocolate, he said “It was fun, mostly people just came up to me and said chocolate? And I said yes!”.

Another Freshman, Paige Peyton, said her best selling chocolate bars are milk chocolate and caramel but personally she likes caramel and dark chocolate. After being asked more about her experience with fundraising for Model UN she added, “It’s been pretty good, I had fun with it.”

We wish the members of the club good luck at their conference and at their fundraising.